MINNEAPOLIS – June 15, 2016 – Exosite, LLC, a leading provider in the Internet of Things (IoT) platform market, today launched Murano, a breakthrough cloud-based IoT software platform that enables an end-to-end ecosystem to help customers develop and deliver connected products. With its seamless device connectivity, inherent security and third-party integration, Murano helps organizations create sophisticated connected solutions faster to significantly improve time-to-market.
A proven IoT leader, Exosite works closely with top industrial, commercial and consumer brands to develop and bring both legacy and new connected devices to market and, as a result, has a deep understanding of the business and technical challenges these organizations face when making this transition. This knowledge has been incorporated into Murano to provide the infrastructure, tools, services and user interfaces that enable organizations to quickly create end-to-end IoT solutions that reduce risk and support a long-term IoT strategy.
According to Christian Renaud, research director, 451 Research, “One of the biggest barriers to IoT adoption is the perceived risks tied to making business process changes. Exosite combines extensive customer deployment experience with its innovative and unique customer engagement model to partner with customers through their digital transformation journey.”
Developed with an open platform philosophy, Murano offers open APIs, connects with other public cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure, and offers advanced device connectivity that includes provisioning, security and management functionality. Additionally, Murano provides pre-integration with OEMs through its partner program, Exosite IoT Alliance. And, with Murano, customers always retain complete control and ownership of their users, data, IP and code.
This open ecosystem is purpose-built to dramatically accelerate time-to-market for connected solutions, reduce implementation costs, leverage reusable system components to support standardization and organizational alignment and enhance quality from design to production.
Murano Key Features
- Device Connectivity & Security – Murano enables organizations to quickly and securely connect devices to the cloud and route data to IoT solutions. Murano’s integrated tools easily manage large fleets of devices, including features like device configuration, firmware updates, and security keys. Murano lets customers focus on adding high-value functionality to their products without having to learn, develop and maintain the infrastructure for a scalable system.
- Custom APIs – Murano allows organizations to define custom web-service APIs that give developers the flexibility to decide exactly what context, application logic and device/user access make sense for their solution. The APIs take on the majority of the complex functionality, so customers can be more creative and efficient with popular, standardized application frameworks.
- Application Hosting & Framework – Murano provides static application file hosting that, when combined with custom APIs, enables a full application to be hosted with Exosite. As a result, customers can develop a complete IoT system, all in one place, that is backed by Exosite’s technical support team and 24/7 monitoring.
- Roles & Permissions Management – User roles and access permissions play a critical role in IoT security and can be one of the most complicated parts of a connected solution. Murano’s integrated user service provides a powerful, off-the-shelf permissions scheme that includes authentication, management and role definition that can be built into application permissions, reducing complexity and ensuring security.
- Third-party Integration – Integrating device data securely into the business tools, systems and third-party platforms that customers already have in place is key to unlocking the value of IoT. Murano offers a variety of off-the-shelf, third-party integrations such as Salesforce, Twilio, and other CRM software, business reporting tools, cloud-based dispatch and data services, analytics and more.
“Murano provides a fully integrated, enterprise software platform that companies can rely on to transform their legacy products into 21st-century connected devices to revitalize customer engagement, deliver new revenue streams for their business and improve their competitive position in the emerging digital ecosystem,” said Paul Anderson, vice president of software products, Exosite. “Murano incorporates the pragmatic focus, technical expertise and business acumen Exosite has developed from years of working in the IoT industry to provide customers with the most open, full-featured and transformational IoT platform available on the market today.”
On June 21 at 10 a.m. CST, Exosite will participate in a webinar featuring Anderson and Renaud of 451 Research. The speakers will share IoT business transformation best practices to help organizations reduce time-to-market, accelerate time to revenue, reduce implementation costs, mitigate risks and enhance the quality of their connected products. Register for this webinar here.
Pricing & Availability
Free evaluation trials are available, and Murano is now generally available for purchase on a monthly subscription basis. For more information, visit https://exosite.com/platform.
Founded in 2009, Exosite, LLC, provides analytics-driven Internet of Things (IoT) software platforms that allow original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to strategically leverage the revolutionary world of connected devices. Exosite’s cloud-based services enable the world’s leading durable goods manufacturers in consumer, commercial and industrial markets to quickly build and deploy solutions that accelerate the IoT generation of their business. The company is headquartered in Minneapolis with additional offices in North America, Asia and Europe. For more information, visit www.exosite.com.
Moxie + Mettle