Dashboard-Enabled Factory Monitoring
Wireless sensors are often used on factory floors to help monitor environmental conditions and machine status to proactively identify issues that may cause down time, track factory processes, and identify opportunities for optimization.
Factory floors have a unique environment that can make using sensor data a challenge:
- Factory workers spend most of their time on the floor away from computers, making it difficult to provide visual data in a timely way
- Warning and critical alerts based on sensor data are only effective if they are visible from afar
- Full-screen displays on the factory floor generally cannot be logged into by a specific person due to security concerns
Exosite’s ExoSense® condition monitoring application solves these challenges by providing secure and customizable factory-floor data visualization. In addition to SMS and email alerts that can be used for manager roles, ExoSense also provides real-time, highly visible data to factory-floor workers through its customizable dashboard interface. With large, color-coded andon alert indicators and a variety of panel options, including image overlays, trend charts, and more, dashboards can be fitted to full-screen displays and shared in kiosk mode. Kiosk mode creates a custom URL and password for a limited web page specifically designed for display in public areas.
ExoSense provides the following features that are purpose-built for factory-floor use cases:
- Customizable dashboards
- Large visual warning/critical alert indicators
- Flexible dashboard panel options
- Kiosk mode for shared dashboards
Visit our documentation site to learn more about ExoSense dashboards.
Organizations leveraging ExoSense in factory-floor uses cases have been able to:
- Minimize costly downtime
- Enhance product quality
- Increase worker safety
- Implement process optimizations